I’ve seen this floating around on a few blogs now, in various forms. I’ve enjoyed every single facts tag I’ve read and I’ve decided it’s time for me to do it. I hope my facts are interesting. It was difficult thinking of 30, so I couldn’t imagine how difficult it must have been to think up 50, unless I’ve led a very unadventurous life (probably).
1. I have so many phobias, including but not limited to – dogs, snakes, mice, rats, frogs and eels. I also have a huge phobia of sick (emetophobia), which has a pretty big impact on my life as I get nervous when I’m visiting places I can’t easily escape from if someone is sick. Also it makes me paranoid about germs.
2. I drink an insane amount of water. I used to barely drink any and my friends referred to me as a ‘camel’ but now I drink 3 litres + a day, most of the time I drink 4.
3. I’ve dropped out of university once. It was a pretty scary decision at the time but I don’t regret it one bit as I went to university somewhere else where I was much happier.
4. I have a very selective memory. I can remember little details of things that happened years ago, yet if you ask me to recall what someone told me to do at work a few minutes ago I’d not remember.
5. I’m most definitely not one of those people who could sleep anywhere, anytime.
6. When I was younger I used to write letters to celebrities I had a crush on at the time – cringe!
7. I have a pretty good temper/temperament. I rarely get angry or agitated.
8. But I am the biggest worrier you ever did meet! I worry about the most insignificant things as well, such as getting off the bus or going to the loos in the middle of a film at the cinema.
9. I’m a blood donor and I’m on the organ donor list, for everything, including eyes.
10. I’ve never owned any pets before apart from a hamster named Nibbles who I was terrified of. Clue’s in the name!
11. I love learning. I feel like I’m at a standstill in life if I’m not learning. It’s part of the reason why I’m currently studying with the Open University.
12. I’m not a big drinker, but I can drink most people under the table if I try to.
13. I don’t smoke and the smell makes me feel a bit queasy – sorry smokers!
14. I’m a huge homebody, I love curling up with a good book or a good film and some nice food.
15. I’m an introvert. I’m friendly but big crowds of people make me feel awkward and uncomfortable.
16. I hate beetroot, tomatoes and bananas with a passion. However I absolutely love brussels sprouts and mushrooms. Was it just me who thought they were called ‘brussel sprouts’ and not ‘brussels sprouts’?
17. I used to be really accident prone. When I was younger I was always breaking bones and one time all my fingernails in one hand were ripped out when I caught my hand in a door and pulled it out. (Sorry, a bit of a gross story).
18. I have a scar and tenderness on the top of my left index finger where I sliced it open with a knife. It was gaping open and I should have had it stitched up but that sounded like it’d be even worse! I left it and it did eventually heal but left me with a little scar.
19. I hate having sauce or salt and vinegar on things and ready salted is my favourite flavour of crisps.
20. My skin is very fair and as a result I don’t tan at all. I go red and that’s it. Most of the time I try and avoid the sun if it’s hot at all costs.
21. I’m 5’10.
22. I’ve lived in 5 different cities.
23.Autumn and Winter are my favourite seasons.
24. I’m really bad at answering e-mails and texts. Most of the time I think I’ve done it when I haven’t.
25. I’ve never travelled outside of the EU, I’d love to though!
26. I’m a huge sucker for the Brummie, Welsh Valley and South African accents.
27. Before I was born I was going to be called either Rhianna or Rhiannon. I think Rhiannon Phillips is possibly the most welsh name in existence. My parents finally settled on Sarah.
28.I’m an impossibly slow reader, even though I enjoy it.
29. I’m the oldest/middle child. I have an older half sister and a younger brother. I only met my half sister just over a year ago and she looks more like my dad and brother than I do.
30. I was born in Cambridge, UK and it remains my absolute favourite place in the whole world, closely followed by London.